- In January the criminal background of Dan "Checkmate" Atkinson was revealed
- In April Fifth Third Bank announced that they will stop selling dinar, stating that they sell currency as a service to their customers traveling abroad, not as an investment vehicle
- In May Ali at Dinar Trade announced that he was suspending sales in the US
- In May Phoenix came out of "retirement" and launched his Blogtalk Radio broadcast where he constantly assures his listeners of the impending revaluation of the Iraqi dinar when he's not discussing solar flares, earthquakes, astrology, the Mayan calendar, EMP, comets ... etc.
- In May "Prophet" George Robinson gave a rate and date prediction that flopped
- In May "Prophet" Kim Clement said something would happen suddenly with the dinareee - no rate or date was given and no rate or date change has yet occurred.
- In May SteveI from People's Dinar told his followers that he owns a billion dinar and said the RV would happen by the end of May with a rate of over $3
- In July the BH Group's offices were raided by authorities a week after the guru summit in Toledo, ending their dinar sales
- In July Roger Dorman announced that he was accepting a position with the fine folks at The Treasury Vault, but only after a few curious dinarians discovered that its owner is Angela Dorman, his wife.
- In September Dinar Douchebags was launched, striking fear into the hearts of douchebag dinar gurus and pumpers everywhere
- In September Adam Montana predicted an RV by Thanksgiving - another flop
- In October it was revealed that Tony "Breitling" Elder had Treasury Vault owner Angela Dorman (alongside her "Dinar Daddy" husband Roger) listed as a friend on Facebook, had compiled a report on the dinar with Roger Dorman, and is owner of Select Play Media, the company name that comes up on PayPal when you order the ISX Report that Tony and Roger are promoting
- In November David at revalue.us resigned to start his own dinar sales business
- In December Yukon from the IQD Team announced his intention to launch a MLM business with a juice product, causing yet another dinar site split
I remember the first few weeks I was only getting a few hits a day, and most of them were either me checking my posts or some faceless web crawler looking for information to index. It seemed like nobody was interested. I would type "dinar douchebags" in Google and nothing came up, so obviously Google wasn't helping. But I just kept on posting. It was like Field of Dreams ... "If you build it they will come". Finally Google started cooperating, people started visiting, and the next thing I knew gurus were protesting and scrambling to cover their backsides.
The #1 post on this blog is by far "The Pumpers", where I list the vilest offenders and any information I have on who they are and what they do. It was one of my first posts, and it has received over 3 times as much traffic as any other post. People want to know who these guys are. #2 is the first Douchie award for Breitling, and #3 is "Breitling Busted!!!". Yes, Breitling has been very good for my blog. So many out there consider Mr. B one of the good guys. I think a lot of people are shocked to find out how much wrong information he puts out and how shady his business practices are. #4 is "Dinar researchers/Analysts". A lot of people out there are looking for quality information because they've figured out that they're not getting it from the gurus. #5 is "The Montana Trail (Part 2)" where I share my research on Adam Montana. I see many people now waking up to the fact that Adam Montana is not the brilliant dinar expert that many thought he was. His admitted background was as a corporate headhunter, not an investment or currency professional. The man apparently can't even do basic math.
It's been a challenge all right, but the blog is gaining ground on the gurus. People email me all the time wanting to know what I know about this guy or that article, or when we're going to see a class action lawsuit. Some ask me if there are any honest people to listen to. Some of course tell me that I'm a douche and that the people I'm attacking are good people. Whatever. Some want to know who died and made me the judge of the gurus or the savior of the dinar world. Nobody. I just write what I think based on my experience and considerable research. If people don't like what I write they don't have to read it. But obviously many do read, and quite a few have thanked me for starting this blog to address the voluminous BS that has been spread throughout Dinarland.
As we head into a new year I expect more of the same. I'll keep awarding Douchies and keep posting from time to time, although I don't anticipate being as active as I have been the last few months. Most of the information that people are looking for has already been posted. Hopefully we'll have an arrest or two to announce, and maybe in increase or two in the IQD.
Happy New Year everybody!